We crammed 5 puppies, Cane, Audrey, Hayes, Tanner, and myself into the Tahoe like gypsies for a trip to the farm. It is a good thing that we love each other, seeing as though these are our new traveling arrangements (minus the puppies). A moment of silence please for our sanity...
We headed to Natchitoches for Justin and Avery's housewarming, Mother's day, Sydney's Graduation, party. Not even an hour on the road, and there's this noise coming from the back. Is it Cane saying, "I'm so excited to go back to the farm?" Nope, she's hurling all of the chocolate protein bars she got in to right before we left. I think that nose and ear plugs should have been a requirement for this trip. Between all the puppies puking, Cane hurling, Audrey pooping, and Hayes tooting, I couldn't keep up with who was doing what! Tanner swears none of it's him. Right now I'm sure you have a big smile on your face, happy it wasn't you in that vehicle. Audrey keeps telling her daddy "nasty poop" describing all the noises and smells in the car. It's amazing how quickly a 2 year old can forget what you want them to remember, but remember what you hoped they would forget. Audrey must have asked where Cane was at least 10 times. Every time we would tell her to turn around to see Cane's green face. She loves her Cane and Hayes, always wanting to know where they are. I know people do this all the time, travel with kids and puppies like gypsies, but this was our first. 3 hours into the trip, we realized we hadn't had an outburst of screaming from the kids or parents. Dare we say it out lout and jinx ourselves? Hell no! The trip there was actually smooth, minus the cleaning up at the end.
Audrey took advantage of her proximity to Hayes in the back and dressed him up with her "sunsees".
Avery and Justin's house was very nice, and Audrey enjoyed playing with Molly.
Molly showed Audrey all of her books and toys.
Audrey enjoyed petting Drake, their black Lab. At one point I found Audrey holding on to the table as she is placing her bottom on Drake. Poor Drake. He was so sweet.
I really like the background of this next picture ...
Every time Molly would see Hayes she wanted to hold him. At one point she tried to pick him up out of Ashy's arms. It's amazing how attracted toddlers are to babies. Ashley came up to visit from Alexandria for the afternoon.
He gets excited and kicks his legs and waves his arms. You can see in his eyes that he's telling you something...just don't know what.
Saturday evening Marc and Susan Begnaud invited us all to their house for dinner. If they did a dinner club, I would pay to join! This was a treat!
The food was amazing, and really better than a lot of the restaurants we have eaten at. I took my time enjoying every bite of this feel good soul food. I couldn't tell you what exactly we had, but I could go on and on at how delicious it was!
Hayes was quite at home, entertaining Meme and PawPaw with all of his stories.
He had all kinds of faces to show Meme and PawPaw.
We had some delicious food, great wine, and family. What else do you need?
Audrey had her PawPaw.
She loves to perch in his arms.
Audrey enjoyed some of the dinner, especially the homemade biscuits, but her favorite was the dessert. Not the made from scratch sweet potato dessert the adults had...
but the sugary sweet sucker! How did Mrs. Susan know exactly what she liked?
Molly and Audrey kept themselves entertained chasing Nu, the cat. The cat was hiding under all the furniture trying to keep away from the girls. We were all stuffed when we got back to the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment