Audrey Claire and I flew to New Orleans for a long weekend. No, that's not chocolate for breakfast, but sausage with syrup! Yummy!
We went to the Children's museum and had a blast! It wasn't busy and Audrey was in a great mood.
Baby Boy is about 10 weeks out from his debut appearance!
Daddy D was helping Audrey explore all the exhibits.
They had a miniature Jackson Square, where she rode the horse, and a mini Cafe du Monde where the kids could serve the play food on plates! It was super cute!
Up the stairs we go to the next adventure
I had been to a Sweet Sixteen at the museum when I was in high school, but of course didn't notice any of the neat stuff for kids. In New Orleans, it's a popular thing for 16 sophomoore girls to get together and throw a big dance and party for their Sweet Sixteenth birthday. This visit was quite different!
We had a great time with Mama C and Daddy D. Mama was worn out by this point, but it was far from over.
They had a little grocery store where Audrey filled up her grocery basket with oranges, her favorite. She even got to check them out! Audrey was running up and down the aisles making other parents nervous. I got a kick out of it.
She has her own little grocery cart at home, compliments of Mamaw, which she loves. Daddy's about to take it away because she keeps hurting herself with it. So Audrey was quite pleased about finding another cart!
Audrey served us lunch, and then off to the river! Funny story - this is the model of the Creole Queen paddle boat that cruises on the Mississippi nightly. I used to work there, so I got really excited when I saw it!
They had a loading dock with all the cargo routes of imports and exports.
We even road the trolley!
Mama needed to stop and sit for a second, because baby brother is getting quite heavy!
Daddy D and Audrey played peek a boo!
and finally... the bubble room! This place was so messy and Audrey loved it! They had all different types of wands for the kids to blow bubbles from!
Thanks Mama C and Daddy D for taking us to the museum!


















No comments:
Post a Comment