Sunday, February 27, 2011

Go Texan Day!

So I got an email saying that the daycare was going to have a parade for "Go Texan Day". I had the time, so I went to join Audrey. Little did I know that this day is huge in Houston, even more so at the daycare. When I opened the door, my belly and I could hardly squeeze into the foyer to sign in. Thank goodness I was able to flash my district badge and scoot right past all the people waiting to get visitor stickers! 


We dressed Audrey up as "Texan" as we could...Tanner's response to this day was, "but we're not Texan. We're Louisianian." It definitely showed in the lack of boots and cowgirl hat. She had a blast all the same! They wheel the toddlers around this giant court yard in their buggies, leading the way.


They then let the toddlers watch as everybody else comes by on their stick horses, or stick cows. (That was a new one for me)


It wasn't long before I had to run back to work, so I got my kisses before I had to leave.


The rodeo is huge in Houston, I think one of the largest in the country. Tanner and I have been a few times, and it is a lot of fun. A lot of big name musicians come in and have performances nightly for about 3 weeks. There's a huge carnival setup outside Reliant, bull riding, kids chasing after goats to win scholarships, a cook off one of the weekends... all kinds of fun. Who knew Texas wasn't actually lame? We are enjoying some of the Texas perks, although we still can't bring ourselves to call it home.

We had planned on being back in Louisiana by this 5 year mark in June, but God has had other plans. It seems as though we have settled in and will be here for probably another 5 more years. In the mean time, we'll enjoy the clean smooth streets and the festivities they offer. So, if you want to kill some time in March, come on in for the rodeo. There's lots to do! (and a baby that needs to pop out right about now - according to mommy!) Until we are hopefully in the hospital...

No comments:

Post a Comment